When I was working as event planner in Boston (pre-baby) I would take between 1-2 hours to get ready for work each day. I looked at it as a hobby, carefully picking out outfits and jewelry. Now it’s more of a chore to get ready for the day…
I’ve narrowed my makeup routine to five simple steps in order to look appropriate enough to leave the house. All of the beauty and skincare products that I am currently using are from Beautycounter. Let me know if you have any questions about their brand or products.
Always start with a freshly washed and moisturized face!
1. Foundation/Tinted Moisturizer: Depending on the coverage I need for the day, I use either a tinted moisturizer or a foundation. My current tinted moisturizer has an SPF 20, is lightweight, and leaves my skin with a dewy glow. The Tint Skin Foundation has better coverage and I always apply with a foundation brush!
2. Bronzer/Blush: Using palettes/duos are the most practical thing you can do to save time and space in your makeup bag. I swipe bronzer on my hairline, cheekbones and jawline to give a glow. Then apply blush to your cheeks in a sweeping motion away from your face.
3. Concealer: Dark circles are the death of me. I wear concealer every single day to cover up these bad boys. I get about 8 hours of sleep a night but my dark circles are here to stay. Apply concealer under eyes in an upside down triangle shape and use for any blemishes. I also swipe a line down the top of my nose.
4. Eyes: I have been getting eye lash extensions for the past year and a half and have loved every second of not wearing mascara. I might add a little eyeshadow depending on how much time I have, but this is when you’d add mascara or even a swipe of eyebrow gel.
5. Lips: No matter what time of year or how much water I’m drinking I have pretty dry lips. I wear a sheer lip tint that feels like chapstick. It gives a pop of color, has a light vanilla smell, and moisturizes my lips.
Enjoy your freshly dolled up face!